Greetings Windsor Families,
I hope this message finds you well and that you are enjoying this glorious summer weather! We are looking forward to seeing all of you soon and we are planning for a fun, engaging, and meaningful school year experience for your children.
As you may know, this school year will look similar in terms of Covid-19 protocols. Please see Burnaby Superintendent, Gina Nicolli-Moen’s letter (attached to this email) for information regarding Covid-19 procedures this fall.
The First Week:
- Tuesday Sept 7, students in grades 1-7 attend 9 am to 10 am
- September 8, 9, 10 students in grades 1-7 attend full days – 8:55 to 2:52, daily
- Students in grades 1-7 will return to their teacher they had last year, lining up outside in the same place as last year on Sept 7,8,9,10
- New kindergarten students will have a differrent gradual enrty schedule, emailed early this week
- New students to Windsor (in grades 1-7) will meet on Sept 7 under the 2 large cedar trees at the front of the school, near the playground and be brought to the library for a tour
- our focus the first week is to reaquaint students with life at school, re-connect with friends, build community, and continue with our studies
What to bring Sept 8, 9, 10?
- All students in grades 1-7 should bring a water bottle, snack, and a bag lunch
- Primary (Gr 1-3) students do not need to bring any supplies the first week
- Intermediate (gr 4-7) students only need to bring basic supplies (pencil, pen, pencil crayons, ruler, glue stick, sisscors). Do not bring binders, duatangs, paper, etc.
During this first week, we will work with district leaders to confirm our school organization and place students into their new classes for the year. If you have a request for a particular class placement, please email me by early next week. Our hope is that all students will know who their 2021-22 teacher will be by Monday Sept 13th.
Despite the challenges we face with Covid-19, our community continues to thrive at school and we are looking forward to a fun and successful school year.
More information to follow this week.
6166 Imperial Street,
Burnaby, V5J 1G5
I respectfully acknowledge that I live, work, and learn on the traditional, unceded homeland of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.